We need your help!
It can be as simple as donating new/gently used flat sheets, pillowcases, fitted sheets, and/or tablecloths!
The Mercer Mask Project (aka MMP) is a not-for-profit group of NJ residents with the purpose of preparing hand-made face masks for use by themselves and other members of the community. Masks are provided free of charge, and are not intended for sale or resale.
So far, they’ve delivered 750 masks, and they have requests for 735 more!
The deliveries have gone to:
- Hospitals, Pharmacies, and Health Care Professionals: 485 masks
- First Responders: 62 masks
- Nonprofits: 140 masks
- Elder Care: 26 masks
- Other (supermarkets, correctional facilities, and more): 37 masks
Hamilton Washery is partnering with MMP to provide a drop off location for the fabrics. We’ll be washing the fabrics in hot water before they get distributed.
How You Can Help:
Donate new/gently used flat sheets, pillowcases, fitted sheets, and/or tablecloths
- These fabrics must be cotton or a cotton blend
- Drop them off at Hamilton Washery anytime during our temporary hours (see below for hours and address)
Have a sewing machine you’re not using? Donate it or allow MMP to borrow it
- Contact MMP here if you have one
If you’re a seamstress or know how to use a sewing machine, you can donate your time to create the masks
- Contact MMP here if you’d like to volunteer